Epsom Salt (magnesium sulphate):
- eases stress and relaxes the body
- relieves pain and muscle cramps
- aids muscle and nerve function
- relieves constipation
- eliminates toxins from the body
Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate):
- balances an over acidic system
- leaves skin soft
- aids the body in magnesium absorption
Ginger: powder or fresh grated
- "heats" the body
- increases circulation
- opens pores for release of toxins
You may feel your heartbeat getting strong. TOO HOT TO HANDLE? ... run some cold water to cool down. Sit back and relax for 20 min or so (no more than 30).
Take it easy when you get out - your body has been working hard and you may be lightheaded. No lotions or serums tonight, as your body will continue to detox and sweat for a few hours even after the bath.
Make sure to hydrate with TONS of water - you will be thirsty as heck. You may feel lightheaded when waking as well (possibly even flu-y) - but this is a good sign of releasing those toxins. Continue to drInk that water!
P.S. This detox can be a powerful one - do not take it if pregnant or have heart or health issues.