Saturday, January 9, 2010
Why use Organic Cotton Towels?
• Hazardous substances are commonly used in processing textiles. These chemicals can leach out of the products over time and get into our bodies. (source: Greenpeace page 20)
• Conventional cotton uses 24% of all insecticide and 11% of all pesticides used in the world each year!
• Organic cotton is a clean, sustainable alternative to conventional cotton and is a much purer fiber to put next to your skin.
• Organic Cotton is naturally waxy, so the towels will need a few washes to reach maximum absorbency
• Ecru is unbleached organic cotton in it’s natural colour
Treat yourself to soft and snugly organic cotton towels…
N.B: These towels wash beautifully, but make sure you DON’T use fabric softener, it reduces absorbency