Hawaiian black sea salt, or lava salt, is a dramatic, glossy black sea salt. The unique color comes from lava, which adds minerals and activated charcoal which results in a sulfuric aroma and earthy flavor. One can also bathe in these salts; NB: An additional rinse after soaking may be required to remove residual activated charcoal.
* Activated charcoal main use is to treat accidental poisonings. Once ingested, it binds with certain chemicals in the digestive tract, preventing them from being absorbed into your system and causing harm.
* Activated charcoal lowers the concentration of total lipids, cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood serum, liver, heart and brain.
* Charcoal has been used as a poultice to reduce inflammation and absorb poisons from your skin caused by infection, chemicals, or insect bites and stings.
* Charcoal alleviates intestinal gas and upset stomach.
* Charcoal is also use in the treatment of allergies, skin problems, diabetes mellitus, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, ulcer, bad breath, body odor, lower cholesterol levels, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.