Almond Tree (Prunis Dulcis) Maltese: Lewz
Almonds are treasures of some essential minerals such as magnesium and calcium. Almonds have high contents of fats. Besides being a nutritious food, almonds have many cosmetic benefits.From it's fruit one can extract Almond oil which is a rich source of Vitamin E and is beneficial in many ways.
Almond oil is pale yellow in colour and it is extracted from almond kernels. Apart from vitamin E it also contains vitamin D and other nutritious components.
Almond oil for the skin
Pure almond oil can be used as carrier oil in aromatherapy or massage. Almond oil is suitable for most skin types. Listed below are benefits of almond oil for the skin.
Improves complexion and retains glow
- Moisturises better and deeper
- Soothes skin irritation and inflammation
- Delays ageing process
- Lightens dark circles
- Relieves dry and itching skin
- Nourishes the skin. Makes it smooth and soft
- Cures chapped lips and body rashes
Almond oil for the hair
Pour a few drops of almond oil in your palm. Dip your fingertips and apply gently on your scalp. Massage slowly in small circular motions. Almond oil adds luster to the hair making them healthy.
Following are some benefits of almond oil.
- Nourishes hair and smoothes hair cuticles
- Makes hair long, strong and thick
- Massaging with almond oil adds shine to the hair
- Controls hair fall
- Almond oil for the health
Consuming almond oil is also beneficial for Digestive System. Here are some more benefits when consuming raw almonds.
- Regular consumption of almond oil helps reduce cholesterol
- Nourishes the brain and nervous system
- Enhances intellectuality and endurance
- Application of almond oil provides relief to strained muscles
Let a few drops of almond oil work like a magic spell to transform you into a more beautiful you :)