Tired of muesli? Dig into the breakfast pudding!
Peach and Almond Milk Chia pudding.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or 11/2 cup almond milk and ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cardamom.
- 1 tablespoon pure agave syrup or honey
- Seasonal fruit for topping (peaches, figs and plums are pictured here)
- Roughly ground almonds or pistachios for topping
- Combine almond/coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, cardamom and agave syrup in a bowl. Mix well to combine ingredients well.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 20 minutes stirring occasionally so that the seeds are evenly distributed through the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or until the mixture thickens into a pudding-like consistency (this should take a couple of hours).
- Stir well before spooning into individual bowls.
- Top with fresh fruit and nuts of your choice.
You can keep the mixture refrigerated for up to 5 days. Enjoy!